1. You do not have to go around getting estimates. Most likely your insurance company will write their own estimate and any shop you choose will have to start off of that preliminary estimate.
2. You can go to any shop of your choosing. You are not required to go to any shop that is on the insurance company’s “list” or in their “preferred” network. Most shops work with all insurance companies. The work on your car will not be of any less quality if you choose your own shop. Many insurance company “preferred” shops have this title because they are willing to give concessions to the insurance companies and even “cut corners” when necessary.
3. Any shop or insurance company can give you a lower estimate by leaving off specific repairs or parts that your vehicle needs. These items are usually added once the vehicle is in the shop and the work is started.
4. The original estimate that you get from your insurance company, or any bodyshop, is only a starting point. Many times, because of the way vehicles are built, it is not possible to see all of the damage until it is torn down and the outer panels are removed. A damaged vehicle can have 2 or 3 supplements before it is complete.
5. Any misalignment of body panels almost always dictates the measurement of the frame. We have the latest frame measuring equipment available with computerized read-outs.
6. Any time a tire or wheel is impacted a wheel alignment is required. We have the latest four wheel alignment equipment available.
7. With millions of colors and color variations available, we have the latest Axalta (formerly known as DuPont) technology which, along with a specialized camera system to take precise pictures of your paint, allows us to make formulas for exact color matching.
Walter Jay’s is an outstanding establishment with honest and integrity!! Great people!!
Very professional, top of the line service. Accommodating. Highly, highly recommend. Beautiful finished job.
I would never take my car to any other shop. Walter Jay Auto is the best that I have ever had dealings with, thank you Walter Jay.
I can hear you saying ‘I was just doing my job’.” For a person such as myself who had just been in an accident and didn’t know where to begin, you stepping in, taking control and taking care of getting everything done for me was more than you ‘doing your job.’ I am just so grateful.
Walter Jay’s is my first and last choice for a body shop.
Awesome people and a Super job!
The service at Walter Jay’s is always exceptional!
Walter Jay’s is a pleasure to deal with, everyone is informative and polite. I will go nowhere else for my car’s care.
Carl & Kathy A.
Walter Jays is a neighborhood legend! Always doing A++++ work and can’t do enough to satisfy!! Deserves an award!!
This facility provides excellent value for the services offered.
This is the best shop to deal with and the highest quality of customer service!
The entire staff was awesome and put me at ease dealing with State Farm on my behalf.
Honest, reliable, thoughtful shop – their customer service is 2nd to none! Wonderful family business!!